Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Today?!Now?!, Peaceful, That's me

1. Cheeks flushed, hair askew, legs frozen, big smile; she's back in the saddle.
2. For a brief moment I think I should turn on the radio or listen to a book as I crochet. Nah, I prefer the silence. The monotonous movement of the hook and yarn allows my mind to wander all over the place.
3. Daughter says something to me at the dinner table and it ends with,"Mom". I snap my head up and say, "What did you call me?" Her eyes question the absurdity of my question and she replies, "Mom?" "I like the way you said it", I tell her. And I did. It was the round and full way she pronounced it that made it sound loaded...with something. Something good.

1 comment:

  1. It's it funny how we think we have to be multi-tasking all the time? I am glad you took a moment to listen to the silence while you worked.

    ReplyDelete