Monday, August 5, 2024

Quilt Finish- It Took Me Long Enough!

 


 I finally bound this lap quilt I started last year. It's called, "Carousel" from the book, " Simply Fat Quarters Quilt Book, It's Sew Emma #ISE-901" The spring time color palette really caught my eye. I also thought it was a pattern that would not be too challenging for me since I do not quilt that often. 

I had it pieced together fairly quickly. Then, last summer, I dropped it off at Fork Mountain Quilt Shop in Rocky Mount, Virginia to have it quilted. It was there for about six weeks waiting its turn. Since the pattern was all straight lines and right angles, I chose a swirling quilt design as a contrast. I have no excuse for not binding it when I picked it up last August. I tucked it into the blanket chest where it sat for an entire year! 

I finally bound it last Tuesday when two friends and I got together for the day to do hand work. We try to get together at least once a month to sit and stitch and use that time to get some work done. I targeted the binding on this quilt to be my project for that day. It feels really good to have it finished!


No comments:

Post a Comment