Friday, July 26, 2024

Progress on Apothecary Rose and Finished Stitches


 

I am slow on getting this rug completed. It is a large three feet by four feet and getting heavier each time I put more wool on it. I need to use the floor frame to work on it and that is too cumbersome to lug around for hooking with friends. So, I prefer to work on this at home. I just need to set my mind to completing it and put in a good two or three days of hooking and it will be ready to steam and bind.

I did finish stitching the "Hens Pin Keep" pattern by Stacy Nash. At ten by ten inches, I think it is too big to be a pin keep. I love the pattern and I will look for a frame so I can hang it in the dining area in place of a snowman sampler that is currently on the wall. I am beginning to swap pieces out with the seasons now. The same is true for some of the rugs.

I also finished stitching "Tribute to Summer Sampler" by Stacy Nash. I meant to hang this in the kitchen in place of two other Stacy Nash pieces that I switch out for the seasons. I have one for fall and one for winter. This was meant to be in place for the summer. It turned out too small to hang in that particular spot so I haven't rushed to frame it yet. I love the border and the simple hues of color on this one. It will serve equally as well hung in another location. Stacy's pattern front shows this framed in a gold frame which I think looks very pretty. I will probably do the same. Neither cross stitch has been ironed or blocked yet.

These are the things that have kept me busy when it is too hot to be outside or I have some quiet time to relax. : )


1 comment:

  1. Apothecary Rose is a stunner! And a biggie.
    Stacy Nash has so many wonderful patterns. Great finishes!

    ReplyDelete