Saturday, October 23, 2010

An autumn weekend

1. A most glorious weekend of sunshine, a fall color palette, and mild temperatures. There's nothing better than being right out in it. Even a walk to the compost pile as an excuse to be outside is worth it.
2. Claire and Daniel came home for the weekend. We celebrated the upcoming arrival of their baby with friends and family.
3. I'm not into touching pregnant women's bellies, but I was eager to touch my granddaughter, so Claire helped me feel some bumps and kicks as I introduced myself.
4. To balance the nuisance ladybugs and stinkbugs, we have butterflies and wooly bears visiting the garden. One of the lavenders is still in bloom and the butterflies flock to it.
5. We share the last handful of raspberries for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment