Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Violet's Bunny


     With school/work closed for Spring Break, I am using the week to finish up projects and to do some spring cleaning. Sadly, the weather is not cooperating for gardening.
     I call this "Violet's Bunny" because I hooked it for our youngest granddaughter for Easter. It's an old pattern given to me by an elderly lady who retired from hooking. It's really called, "Good Little Bunny" by Primco Patterns and is labeled as, "Sold exclusively by The House of Price, Inc." I hooked it in a #6 cut. I dyed the bunny's wool with Cushing's Seal Brown and I dyed the sky with a dye formula called Wooly Fox Blue (#67) from the book, "Antique Colors in Primitive Rugs" by Emma Lou Lais and Barbara Carroll. The other colors were bits and pieces from my stash. This was a joy to hook and I am pleased with how it came together.
     Now, if I can only finish the "Vermont" rug, all will feel aligned in my rug hooking universe.

4 comments:

  1. Adorable. Precious. So lovely...I could go on and on.
    And here's to all be aligned in your rug hooking (and otherwise) universe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet rug and how special it's named for your granddaughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a treasure and I love that it is something just for Violet, who will treasure it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s lovely that your granddaughter will have a treasure created just for her by a loving grandmother.

    ReplyDelete