Monday, December 28, 2015

Don't Blink

     Once again, Christmas has come and gone in the blink of an eye. Looking over my photos, I don't see any creative or artful shots. I took the iconic Christmas morning photo depicting happy children sitting on the floor surrounded by torn wrapping paper. It was perfect.
     The weather was too warm for my northern taste of what Christmas should be, but Steve loved it and declares that the entire winter can remain at seventy degrees for all he cares. Some of the stand-out memories from the weekend include:
1. Driving through fog and rain to the store, alone at midnight, for infant Tylenol. It was actually a peaceful experience and I was wide awake. We thought Matthew might have an earache and I will do anything for that little cutie.
2. Seeing Mari and Jack enjoy these Hop Balls. We had these when our girls were young and they enjoyed them. They're a great way for cooped up children to expend some energy when it's rainy and they're fun outdoors in nice weather as well.
3. Answering my phone in the morning and seeing Chelsea's face! I didn't know about Facetime and I was so shocked and surprised when I saw her face on my phone. That was a real treat. We "Facetimed" two more times after that and included everyone.
4. I love to give gifts and it felt so good to give my gifts. I received some really nice things as well : )
5. Gingerbread cookies with Homestead Creamery eggnog makes me do a happy dance.

On another note, I watched two very good movies. The first one I found on Netflix instant play and is called Little Boy. Usually instant play movies on Netflix are just so-so, but this one is really good! It's a heartwarming story about the cutest little boy ever and how he longs for his father's return from war. There are characters you will want to love and characters you will want to hate. The actor who plays Little Boy did an excellent job. It's simply an all-around good movie.



The other movie I enjoyed, which was on DVD from Netflix, was Finding Vivian Maier. I am fascinated by this woman and her photos. It was an excellent documentary that answered almost all of my questions about Vivian Maier except, "Why?". I guess I shall forever remain fascinated...



4 comments:

  1. Both of these look very good to me, thanks for telling me about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOh I am so excited to see movie #2 I watched a documentary prior to its making and I am also fascinated with her work and life
    Merry Christmas my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same sort of Christmas - it was over so quickly and different this year. The kids all stayed at their respective homes on Christmas Day so the little ones could have Santa visit where they live. My sis and BIL and I visited the one local daughter and then had a quiet Christmas Day with a steak cooked on the grill for Christmas dinner. (YUM.)

    They all came on December 26 though and we had the usual chaotic present opening, etc. So much fun - just different this year.

    My sister had the iPad all set up to facetime with our sister in the Shenandoah Valley - I walked by holding the baby and he waved at our faces. :) A little disconcerting to see ones face on the screen like that, especially when the adult's hair needed attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a lovely Chirstmas, Lee, soent with family as we did too. Thanks for the movie recommendations. Inhave already added Little Boy to my Netflix list and will check the library's DVD collection for Finding Vivian. Sending you best wishes for a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete