Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Simmering, For Me?, Getting Ready

1. I LOVE to create something from practically nothing. Chicken and turkey stock is one of those things. I had two turkey breast carcasses left from Sunday and I used a simple recipe to make a ton of stock. The stock is then poured into one-cup portions and frozen. I used Styrofoam cups because I had plenty on hand. Once frozen, I tear them out of the foam and store them in Ziploc bags for use all winter long.

2. I received two beautiful gifts from out of nowhere today : )
2a. B. left a pottery bowl filled with candies along with my eggs this week. It is the prettiest form with a beautiful profile.
2b. K. dropped by with a gigondo poinsettia in shades of pink. I have the perfect spot for it. The house is beginning to look festive!
3.It's still so mild outside that it's hard to believe we're talking about a possible snowfall for tomorrow. I sweep up the porch and make it winter-ready. The winters and summers seem to muddle themselves together sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. So many friends love you - sounds like, with those wonderful gifts.

    ReplyDelete