Friday, July 11, 2014

Safety in Numbers, Summer Living, I Knew She Would

1. Two old ladies with beauty parlor hair make a joint effort of pumping gas into their car. It's a cute sight. I imagine they feel safer operating the pump together.
2. I made a snap decision to mow the lawn at 4:00 in the afternoon. Yes, it was very warm and it's better for the grass to be mowed in the evening, but hey, I thought I'd live life on the edge (and get a little vitamin D).
2a. The Echinacea is spreading like crazy and the butterflies are thrilled.
3. Neither of us felt like eating dinner so we didn't. This is typically unheard of in my book and life-on-the-edge has become quite daring.
4. SO proud of Daughter #2! She enters Maine today on the final leg of her Appalachian Trail journey.


2 comments:

  1. Your "no dinner" night is sounding like a single person! Sometimes I just don't feel like making the effort either. :)

    Love the beauty parlor hair ladies - makes me think of my late mom.

    And I need to catch up on Chelsea's blog. I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTG Daughter #2! What an amazing adventure she's had~

    ReplyDelete