Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Fireworks, Homebound is Good, The Storm Front



1. Canning produce is a rewarding chore. Organization is what makes it run smoothly and it helps to lay everything out assembly-line fashion. It's all a beautiful thing; from the ripe heads of dill, washed and laid out on a cloth, to the sterilized canning jars filled and sealed with garden goodness.
2. I've stayed entirely at home for two days and it feels so good to get things done.
3. Dark clouds loom over the woods and they're blowing our way. A hard wind begins to blow in the tree tops prompting Henri and I walk a little faster. Suddenly, I realize my ears have played a trick and that's not wind I hear, it's heavy rain! It marches steadily through the woods and straight on to us. We run!

1 comment:

  1. It's always an awesome sight and sound to hear and then see a rainstorm and hope you and Henri made it home safely and dry!

    ReplyDelete