Thursday, May 15, 2014

Am I There Yet?, Safe and Happy, Tropical


Begin at the beginning and go on
till you come to the end; then stop.
--Lewis Carroll
 
1. Chelsea passed three AT half-way points this week. She called me from the second (and official 2014 halfway point) and I asked her how the spot was marked. She said there was a piece of paper nailed to a tree. Seriously? I expected fireworks. I like this photo of her at the third marker which was the halfway mileage in 2011.
2. I'm waiting my turn in a boring waiting room in a guarded building. Down the hall and unseen, I hear the guards conversing and teasing each other about sharing cookies or something. They sound like a happy group and it makes the whole place feel happier.
3. It rained and poured and the wind blew incessantly. It remained warm and humid throughout, so it  felt tropical.

1 comment:

  1. Overheard conversations like that can be so fun - I love to do that, too.

    And congrats to Chelsea - I'm so impressed she's doing that.

    ReplyDelete