Monday, May 19, 2014

Good Form, Bunny!, Paradise, Reading...

1. A bunny scampers across the road, then takes a flying leap across the ditch into the tall grass.
2. Today is our last long Monday for the summer! Tess and I kick back and celebrate by eating French Toast and blueberries for dinner while we watch a movie.
3. I finished reading The Tall Woman by Wilma Dykeman. It's hard to find reviews written about this novel which was written in 1962. It's a simple story of a woman's difficult but rewarding life in post civil war Appalachia. I enjoyed it because of the author's beautiful writing style and for her ability to write about loving others despite hate and pain. 

2 comments:

  1. I wrote about blueberries this morning, too. :) Aren't they wonderful? I plan to eat my weight in them over the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete