Sunday, March 2, 2014

High Spirits


1. It wasn't "Good-bye". It was, 'See you in April!".
2. Claire, Daniel, and the children drove Chelsea seven hours to the trail head, then hiked a mile up with her to see her off.
2.a. I am very thankful that all my daughters love, care for, and respect each other. When siblings are young, they fight and bicker and it makes a mother wonder how it will all turn out. 
3. An unexpected text! It ends, "Don't be worried! Everything is fantastic. I'm so happy to be here!!" (I take note of all the exclamation points.)
4. I glance out the windows as we sing this song in church. I see the mountains that Chelsea is walking and it all fits together. "Yes", I admit to myself, "I would do it too, if I were her."


5 comments:

  1. Wishing your daughter and all the others safe travels on their exciting adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to your daughter! I hope she has a wonderful adventure. Amazing thing to do, and something she will never regret or forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have some wonderful kids! Great song too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sisters and I are very close now, but were not at all close when we all lived at home. I think it took living apart to realize how much we love each other.

    ReplyDelete