Friday, March 14, 2014

As Told By Mom, That Time of Year, Goodreads

1. My mom tells me she was so happy the day I was born and she starts crying. Then I make her laugh because, as I recall, I was a terror and a handful from the get-go. I'm glad she only remembers the good stuff.
1a. I used to bring her bouquets of daffodils every March. They were bright and cheery on a late winter's day and dirt cheap. They were also long lasting in water. Today, I sent her a bunch for old times sake. She was very happy : )
2. By chance, I ran across a PBS television program about hiking the Appalachian Trail. It's a special during their spring fund drive. It's a little hokie in places (oops, do people use that term down here?) but otherwise interesting, providing a great overview of the hiking experience.
3. Sitting in my chair by the window, reading another book, I thought, "How happy I am when I know there's a book waiting for me to read." This is truly one of my favorite past times.
I just started One True Thing by Anna Quindlen. (I'm not sure what I think of it yet. I have mixed feelings, but I'll keep reading...)

2 comments:

  1. It's the little things in life sometimes that brings the most joy to those we love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd like to take a look at the PBS program. I think there's a documentary on netflix, too. I look forward to the end of the day when I can sit down to read :-)

    ReplyDelete