Friday, February 7, 2014

The Eighth, Craving, Have Some!

1. While holding my mother's birth certificate I am overcome with emotion. On that Good Friday of nineteen twenty-two, a child was born...a mother cried with joy...one small teardrop of a child added to an ocean of history.
1a. The document is hand written in that beautiful, old script that is practically illegible.
2. When Steve is away, dinner is a fly-by-night affair. For tonight, I ask myself what would be a fun, indulgent meal if Tess and I could eat whatever we want? A fruit salad! Organic strawberries and blackberries, pineapple, kiwi, and grapes are topped with a sweet dressing and served with a loaf of bakery cinnamon bread. That was a good splurge.
3. Oops! He came home early. He liked the fruit salad too : )

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing to think of our parents as babies, isn't it? My mother was born on the same day that the Second National Bank of Macon, Georgia "fell" during the Depression in 1929. My mom was so startled to hear this news from my grandmother, who added they lost all their money, but did get a little back. She told me mother that she was a beautiful baby and they were so happy to have her that they just tried to focus on that. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete