Sunday, December 15, 2013

Saturday and Sunday Melts Into One

The weekend was a whirlwind of activity and it all blurs together now that it's over. These are the stand-out moments.
1. Feeding B.'s animals, especially the horses in the barn. The smell of barns casts a spell over me, causing me to forget any worries and lowering my pulse and blood pressure. (I have no scientific proof of this, but I'm sure it occurs.)
2. Friends and coworkers invited us for an outstanding Christmas dinner at their home.
3. We shared another meal with church friends on Sunday evening. I especially enjoyed the conversation game we played.
*Our host passed around a selection of Christmas photographs downloaded and printed from the computer. Each person was to choose one picture that reminded them of something from their own past Christmases. Then we went around the table and each shared our memories.
4. I started reading The House Girl by Tara Conklin. I'm halfway through. I feel like the author has taken me on a journey. This is always a good thing when it comes to reading a book : )

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, Lee. Good times and good food shared with friends are always nicer at the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. It's nice to be invited like that.

    I'll check out that book's availability at the library.

    ReplyDelete