Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pounding, Quiet Noise, Broke Even

1. I was quietly reading when I heard a loud rumble, like a truck coming up the road. I paused to listen and I realized it was the horses galloping around the field. I went out with the camera to capture their antics on video, but when they saw me they stopped. They gave me a look that said, "Who? Us?"



2. It was a golden day of late summer with that certain kind of quiet. The lazy sound of crickets chirping in the afternoon interrupted every now and then by the call of a lone crow.
3. I went shopping with money in my pocket, ready to spend. I came home with nothing. I'm unsure whether to be disappointed with no new clothing or glad that I still have the money in my pocket.

1 comment:

  1. i read #3 to mr p. he laughed and said that never happens when we go to the farmer's market..today was no exception! :)

    ReplyDelete