Thursday, June 6, 2013

Cheery, Sweet, Downpour All Day

1. Red crepe paper poppies dot the median of the highway.
2. Honeysuckle vines run rampant this year. They grow up fence posts, along banks, and even tumble over road signs. Their honey-sweet scent drifts to my parked car. I glance around until I spot the vine a few yards away.
3. Heavy rains make it impossible to be out for more than a dash between car and door. Later, I happily stand on the porch where I can enjoy the rain without getting soaked.

The boy who "will not hit others with lunch bag" is throwing his orange, full throttle on the floor. By the time I get over to him, he's thrown it and retrieved it about three times. I ask him, "Why ever are you throwing your orange on the floor like that?!" He points to the skin and says, "The peel will protect it." "So you're doing an experiment to prove the peel protects the orange?" I ask. Smiling, he says, "Yes." "I'm going to peel it so you can eat it now.", I reply.

By the way, this is my backwards walker : )

1 comment:

  1. He sounds like a funny hand-full! :)

    I love the scent of honeysuckle, too.

    ReplyDelete