Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"As long as thanks is possible, then joy is always possible." Ann Voskamp

1. I open a new bag of ground coffee and the aroma wafts into my sleepy brain, nudging me awake.
2. We're reading only a chapter per week at a snail's pace, but I savor the words more this way.
2.a. I am very particular about Christian reading material and have no use for a large portion of it. In general, the female authors can be far too sappy for my taste. One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp 
is one of the exceptions. Her writing is poetry and her thought process, beautifully insightful.

"Isn't it here? The wonder? Why do I spend so much of my living hours struggling to see it? Do we truly stumble so blind that we must be affronted with blinding magnificence for our blurry soul-sight to recognize grandeur? The very same surging magnificence that cascades over our every day here. Who has time or eyes to notice?"


3. A huge chunk of ironing gets done. The best part is delivering it to the closets.

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever read the Mitford books by Jan Karon? I loved them. I'm with ya on the sappiness - do not like those kinds of books.

    And the smell of a newly opened container of coffee can't be beat.

    ReplyDelete