Sunday, January 6, 2013

Reading, Eating, Making a Mess

  “You were made and set here to give voice to this, your own astonishment.”

1. I like Annie Dillard's insightful observations on the topic of writing here. She's one of my favorite observers of life and her book, An American Childhood is on my current reading list.

photo and recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com

2. Quick, delicious and gluten-free, I made this Zesty Quinoa Salad and ate it for breakfast and lunch. Who's to say what's appropriate for particular meals?
3. I made a quick trip out on an errand yesterday and came home to the sound of demolition in the upstairs bath. It continued today as Steve decided to take me up on my suggestion that we replace the cracked tile floor this winter. (I didn't mean this very minute.) Unlike my old self, I had no urge to peek at the destruction or even make comments or suggestions. Until it's my turn to go in there and paint, I'm staying out of it. This is a good feeling and so unlike me, who usually noses into everything. I hope Steve notices : )

1 comment:

  1. That looks a lot like the couscous salad I make. I just printed this one out and will definitely try it - it looks delish.

    ReplyDelete