Saturday, November 3, 2012

It's a Ritual, Cross This One Off, My New Favorite Month

1. I make "To Do" lists for Steve because he likes to cross things off.
2. He re-purposed the posts from the vegetable garden into end-stakes for the raspberry bed. He added a good sized cross bar to each and now I can put my glass insulators along the top.
3. Aside from the danger of being shot by hunters, November is the perfect time of the year to walk in the woods. All the undergrowth has died back, the floor is carpeted with sweet smelling leaves and there are no gnats or bothersome bugs. The temperature is perfect, neither too hot nor too cold and I like to hear the bird calls echoing from the bare trees.

1 comment:

  1. I am loving this weather, too. I am slowing figuring out what to do with the plants. Today I pulled out all the basil stalks and dreamed up next year...

    ReplyDelete