Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Happy Movie, Soup Beginnings, The Hunt for Bittersweet



1. What does it mean to be happy? This interesting documentary attempts to answer that question. What it reveals is not surprising. Deep down, we all know what true happiness is all about. But it's well worth the seventy-five minutes to watch this thoughtful film.
Here's a quote from one study cited in the film:
"We asked people to count their blessings on a regular basis. Say, every Sunday night you sit down and write five things for which you're grateful and try to contemplate that. And we found that the students who counted their blessings once a week, every Sunday night, became happier."
2. Pasta Fagioli begins with the rendering of Pancetta in olive oil. That in itself smells wonderful. Add diced carrots, celery, onion and minced garlic and that sauté kicks it up another notch.
3. On my walk with Henri and I searched the roadside for the orange Bittersweet I like to gather each year. We found none growing close by so, tomorrow we'll need to venture further.

4 comments:

  1. Tons of bittersweet in the garden. Wish you were here and I would give you some. Lovely soup. Wish the Toddster liked pasta more. I try to find the silver lining in each day. It's how I live my life and mine is indeed a happy one. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what we're doing, I think, with our three beautiful things. It makes all the difference in the world to my day. Love that film clip.

    I hope you find the bittersweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of that movie, I will have to check it out. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only those of Italian descent who have tried it will truly appreciate the wonderful ness of this comfort food, pasta Fabiola and count myself among them.

    ReplyDelete