2. Steve travels with me and the ten hour drive is much easier.
3. A perfectly matched pair of black horses cantor along a side road with their necks stretched out long and their manes flying as they effortlessly pull a black buggy.
4. I enjoy nature's color palette of purple Asters intermingled with Goldenrod in every field.
5. We rolled down the windows at the toll booth and I breathed in deeply. "The air smells good!", I said. "Pine trees!", we said in unison.
6. I see this stone house every time we drive across New York and I always admire it. The field in the foreground has become boggy, perhaps from a nearby beaver dam. It was an inviting homestead once upon a time. To the left are Birch trees! I've missed seeing the white bark of the Birch. A path is cleared between those birches, climbing a hill into the woods.
7. Tight, lingering hugs and lots of kisses on the cheek with my mom when I arrive and as I depart.
8. There is always laughter around the table with my mom and sister. Belly-holding, eye-watering laughter.