Sunday, August 19, 2012

Hear It, Feel It, Sisters' Stamp of Approval

1. I woke to the sound of heavy rain. It was a soothing sound and I thought I might remain lying there in bed, just listening. But the thought to have morning coffee on the porch, closer to the rain, seemed like a better idea.
2. Three hours later and it's still pouring. We run from car to door, even using umbrellas. The foyer at church is lined with umbrellas.
3. A new young man has come to visit. (With four daughters, this still remains a phenomenon.) We try to make him feel at home and I think he is only a little bit nervous. In my opinion, it's the boys who aren't at all nervous that I should be worried about.

2 comments:

  1. I like to listen to rain when I am in bed. It's most soothing . . . we have had far too much of it this summer though . . . has spoiled all of our vegetable gardens . . . xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a nice friendly church.

    ReplyDelete