Saturday, July 7, 2012

To the Rescue, Gotcha!, More Bradbury

1. My hairdresser opened her shop for extended hours after being closed all last week due to the power outage. I am thrilled to get in there and get some help for this most exasperating hair.
2. Two little girls go from window to window knocking at me while I am outside watering shrubs. I direct the spray at the window, sending a splash of water right in front of their faces. I'm rewarded with their muffled shrieks.
3. I read Dandelion Wine out on the porch where I soaked up summer both from the book and our own thermometer. This needs to go on my list of all-time favorites. Bradbury has a wonderful understanding of the human spirit and conveys it so beautifully through the eyes of a twelve year old boy. I can't decide if I prefer to read this in the summer, to experience the story in its element, or perhaps try it in the winter where it would certainly make summertime very real, even in the dark and cold.

2 comments:

  1. That's cute about the little girls. :) And I'll put that Bradbury book on my reading list - which is looong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bradbury is a treat any time of year. I've always wanted to try dandelion wine. I've had dandelion salad, but not wine. Wonder if it's any good...

    Been a long time since I've read Bradbury's DW. You make me want to go back to it now. :)

    ReplyDelete