Sunday, July 22, 2012

Organizing- It Just Happens, Mom and Dad Said...

1. A dusty book lies on the floor in front of the bookshelves. I pick it up to shelve it and... One thing leads to another and I end up sorting and tidying the entire thing. A few books will go to new homes and I've made room for some new ones. I've also gotten rid of a ton of dust.
2. The same thing happened in the vegetable garden. Still wearing my skirt and jewelry, I went to pick a few ripe tomatoes and... Some were tipping over so I reinforced the stakes, plucked and threw out those with blossom end rot, pulled some weeds and picked some beets. I washed and divided the haul into bags; some to keep and some to give away. "There!", I thought with a huge sense of dirty, sticky satisfaction.
3. Tess finds Steve's and my conversations funny enough to regularly post them on facebook. She calls them, "dinner table conversations". Apparently we provide great amusement for the younger set as there were nineteen "likes" and comments on this one. 

 Mom: "Steve, I want you to talk to me more."
Dad: "The pendulum swings both ways, darling..."
Mom: "Well I'd talk to you if you helped me cook!"
Dad: "It'll be a cold day in hell when you let me in the kitchen."

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Just stumbled across your blog, and I'm glad I did. That snippet of dialogue painted a wonderful image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That's a fun conversation there in the end. And how lovely that your daughter loves to hear it. :)

    That's some good organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Sounds like Tess might have enough material to start her own blog. I wonder if Dinner Table Conversations(url) has been taken?

    ReplyDelete