Thursday, July 12, 2012

Balsamic Vinegar, Diaphanous Creatures, Going In


1. B.'s right, I could drink this grapefruit infused, white balsamic vinegar straight from the bottle. I drank a spoonful and had to stop myself from taking more. I used it on this vegetable platter* tonight, served alongside some simple buttered pasta.
2. I got the ladder out and gave the trumpet vine a much needed trim. With my head up in the jungle, I found tiny, pale blue moths (?) everywhere. They fluttered onto and into my shirt and hair. Darling little things, they were. I hope they are nothing bad because I love this shady bower, especially now that it's made tidy.
3. Glancing back from the yard, I see the lamp is lit on the porch. It's a cozy and inviting scene and I can't wait to go back inside and sit there.

* Brush 2 cookie sheets with extra virgin olive oil. Slice one eggplant into 1/4" slices and arrange on cookie sheets. Brush tops with additional olive oil, sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper. Roast at 400° F. for 20 minutes until tender and golden. Cool to room temperature. Arrange on platter with slices of tomatoes, sliced fresh mozzarella and torn basil leaves. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

2 comments:

  1. That looks pretty tasty. Thank you for sharing the recipe!

    I love trumpet vines. I need to get that started above my doorway.

    And your home was beckoning you back with loving arms. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete