Sunday, June 24, 2012

Just Passing Through, Also Passing Thru, Coming Home

1. Near sunrise, a black bear lopes up the neighbor's lane, across the yard, and into the woods. He/she's an adult with very long longs and a long body. The bears around here have the oddest shape. Seniorita-the-horse isn't troubled at all. She stands still and curiously watches him go by.
2. We've arranged to meet at Jennings Creek where daughter #2 and husband have spent three days on the Appalachian Trail (AT). I've brought a few supplies at the request of a thru hiker and as a last minute thought, I brought some of the peaches from W. I enjoyed meeting the hikers who hail from Maine, New York, Georgia, England and parts unknown. They absolutely loved the peaches and ate them on the spot, dripping juice and saying they were the best they've ever tasted. Daughter says I am on my way to becoming a trail angel. : )
3. My family is back home!! Suddenly I'm ambitious once again. I was a sorry case for three days all alone. I'll need to work on this. (Thanks for calling me every day, Claire!)

3 comments:

  1. I think I'd be afraid of bears - that one must be acclimated to people and horses.

    A trail angel - what a lovely thing your daughter said to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, so sweet about the trail angel. Hmm... A new profession, Leonora? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for visiting. Yours is a sweet blog. . . .


    Have a GREAT Week

    Aloha from Honolulu,
    Comfort Spiral
    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete