Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Whittling Down to Basics

Some days are all work. When I work outside in the heat, the things that are beautiful abide in the simplest forms:
1. A cool glass of water. I have a surge of renewed energy soon after I take water. It works miracles.
2. The smallest of breezes. Perspiring skin touched by a breeze is nature's air conditioning. I take my breaks in the alleyway between barns where the breeze funnels through.
3. A shower is pure luxury.
4. Kindness from the clientele. A couple of horses kick, one bites, but most are pure sweetness. My favorite is a beautiful Hackney stallion named Goldfinder. His ad for stud describes him as having "impeccable manners" and he does.

1 comment:

  1. It shows that whoever wrote Goldfinder's ad appreciates the beautiful things in life.

    ReplyDelete