Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Little Guy, Carefree, What Kind Do They Want This Week?

1. One day old, the foal stands on long, wobbly legs. He wants to lie down, but he doesn't know what to do with those legs. After a few tentative attempts, he manages to fold them under himself and he plops down onto a bed of hay. He exhales a sigh of relief and closes his eyes to rest.
2. Dressing for mild weather is a wonderfully simplistic affair. Capris, shoes with no socks, and a nice loose blouse and voila!
3. Daughter #4's male classmates are begging her to bring cookies to school again. Teasing, I tell her, "You know, they say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach." As she gives me a condescending look, I hear Daughter #3's boyfriend chuckle as though this is a revelation.

3 comments:

  1. I remember making sure I fixed my boyfriend a nice dinner of baked spaghetti just before I thought he would propose. I was hoping to seal the deal. I guess it worked, since I married him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies must have been good!

    And I love the foal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'd love to see a picture of that little foal! How precious.

    ReplyDelete