Thursday, March 8, 2012

Is It Here Yet?!, The One, Full Bellied Moon

Flowering Plum in bloom this week.
 1. The red-winged blackbirds are harbingers of spring. Every morning, beginning in March, my father would bring me to the door to listen for their arrival. How happy he would be at the first sound of them. I heard an entire flock in a big old tree today. They're here Dad!
2. We schlepped from store to store pulling on and taking off so many outfits and combinations to find just the right thing for her. Hours into the task, I entered the dressing room just as she turned from the mirror to show me.  Our eyes met, our eyebrows went up in surprise, we smiled and I said, "Wow!"
3. Full moon has kept the night sky bright.


3 comments:

  1. #1 is such a beautiful memory. And it's so good to see blooms blooming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots to love here! Those "wow" moments are precious.

    Oh, and thank you for reminding me of Isakov--love his music. I'm adding him to my FNF list right now! :)

    ReplyDelete