Saturday, February 25, 2012

I like the milling but not the mashing, Frozen berries, The sky's the limit with window-shopping

 1. The store clerk scoops measured amounts of grain into the mill. Three types of grain blended with a few packets of hops and brewer's yeast results in this potion of IPA beer. Steve thinks it smells heavenly, like baking bread. I can't appreciate the aroma as he does, but I do enjoy watching him concoct things in the kitchen.
2. This recipe for Winter Blackberry Cobbler is truly delicious.
3. We window shopped all morning while waiting for the girls at the mall. Everything from lawnmowers to TV's to chinos. It was more fun that we weren't buying anything, no decision-making, just looking, thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm - that brew looks very interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents used to make their own wine. I have no idea how it tasted though. Off to check out that cobbler! xxoo

    ReplyDelete