8 Tbl. unsalted butter, room temp
3/4 c granulated sugar
1 c unbleached all-purpose flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 c whole wheat flour
3 large ripe bananas, mashed (1 1/4 cups - 1 1/2 cups)
1 t vanilla extract
1/2 c walnuts, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. (you may use a Bundt pan)
2. Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well.
3. Sift flour, soda, salt together, stir in whole wheat flour, add to butter mixture, mixing well.
4. Fold in bananas, vanilla, walnuts.
5. Pour into pan. Bake 50-60 min, or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 min, then on rack.
2. My Amazon order with the new Fleet Foxes CD arrived. Tomorrow is driving day, so I'm saving it until then. I can't wait to run errands!
3. Henri gets awful sweet and cuddly when the thunder rumbles overhead. I'd rather he wasn't afraid, but I don't mind reassuring him with hugs.