Saturday, July 30, 2011

Identified, Kicks up a breeze, Crickets

1. The amazing wonders of the internet help me identify the "pear" post from July 21st. It's called an Opo Squash from Vietnam. The lady in the post office must have let hers grow way too long!
2. Afternoon thunderstorms, the typical summer kind, break up the monotony of blazing sun.
3. I've missed the sound of crickets chirping at night. It's one of those sounds that remind me of childhood summers in NY, falling asleep near an open window to the sound of crickets. I heard them today, but in the early morning out on the porch. It's a peaceful sound.

1 comment:

  1. It was a bit chillier here today. Enough so, so that I turned the a/c off and opened the windows and left them that way until my husband returned from work (late). It was really nice to hear the crickets again.

    Nice work on solving the fruit/vegetable puzzle!

    ReplyDelete