Thursday, July 21, 2011

Produce far and near

1. I thought she was carrying a length of exhaust pipe, but it turned out to be a vegetable/fruit of some sort. It was an odd encounter for a post office setting, and I don't know why she was carrying it around, but it started my day off in a quirky way. Four feet long, light green in color, she says her Vietnamese friend sent her the seeds and called it a pear of some sort.
2. I have the bounty of summer in my shopping cart. Peaches, nectarines, plums and strawberries. Life will be spare of these come winter, so we'll enjoy every fresh bite while we can.
3. Here come the tomatoes!

* She offered me seeds but I think there are customs laws about importing that sort of thing, so I declined. I can see myself being responsible for some sort of natural disaster like the ladybug problem we have : )

2 comments:

  1. I'm so intrigued by that fruit now. I think I'm gonna need photographic evidence before I believe you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vegetable/fruit that looks like an exhaust pipe and tastes like a pear? I wonder if it's some kind of dragon fruit??
    Fruits of summer keep us smiling through even triple digit heat!

    ReplyDelete