Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hot and humid, They're here!, Blackberry sauce

1. I assumed we would be drinking coffee, but she served iced coffee instead. We chatted over swirling ice cubes.
2. I ate the first garden tomato! There were two ripe, the yellow kind, and I saved the second one for someone else.
3. I made an excellent blackberry sauce to pour over grilled pork tenderloin.

Saute 3 diced shallots in 2 tablespoons butter for 5 minutes. Add 2/3 cup dry white wine and simmer on low until reduced, about 13 minutes. Whisk in 3 tablespoons all-fruit blackberry jam (I used Smuckers), 2 tablespoons additional butter, and season with salt and pepper. Simmer 2 more minutes until slightly thickened. Garnish with fresh blackberries.

4. How could I forget our rousing game of scrabble. Steve won with a 72 point word, "garblers". Spell-check says that's not even a real word?? Tess came in second and that left me last. (I let him win.)

2 comments:

  1. I am completely hopeless at scrabble, but I do think you ought to think about food blogging. You eat like a queen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blackberry sauce sounds quite scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete