Saturday, May 7, 2011

I can't wait to play outside, Nature is watering for me again, Sweet voice

1. I'm continually thankful for these cool spring temperatures. It makes gardening pleasurable. So far there are no gnats, which is a miracle.
2. I trimmed our six, huge barberry shrubs to be a bit more eye appealing. Last year I had to chop them to hideous shapes in order to eradicate a tent caterpillar. They've made a great comeback and I'll be on the lookout for those disgusting caterpillars this year.
3. After all the mowing, weeding, trimming and enjoyment of the garden today, the rains have come again. I like this timetable.
4. When Claire phones, the baby babbles and talks in the background. When Claire stops talking, the baby stops. I've never heard such a vocal baby!

2 comments:

  1. happy mother's day and happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy mother's day! So with you on #1, love those cooler days.

    ReplyDelete