Saturday, May 8, 2010

Strawberries, Shopping, When we were young...

1. Claire brings a bucket of farm picked strawberries. We have a strawberry feast for breakfast.
2. I am pleasantly surprised when she chooses a ruffled blouse instead of a T-shirt and patent leather instead of flip-flops.
3. Tomorrow my mom will visit with her last surviving sibling. There used to be seven of them, now they are two; Mom is 88 and Uncle Tony is 95. How I wish I could be there to hear the stories they tell about their childhood during the Depression as Italian immigrants growing up in the city. Last year we sat for hours, laughing to tears at their childhood antics. Mom jokes that at their age they shouldn't wait a year between visits.
4. Toddlers in cuddly pajamas with hair still damp from their bath.

1 comment:

  1. Write those stories down. I wrote down some things my mother told me but not near enough.

    ReplyDelete