Sunday, March 21, 2010

New England Boiled Dinner, Repairs, Rain is coming

1. The best part of the corned beef and cabbage dinner are the sticks of pepperoni I've added to the boil. They cook up plump and juicy, perfectly paired with the sweet cabbage, potatoes and carrots.
2. I sit on the pile of wood and keep Steve company while he works on the lawnmower. He says, " I have to tip the machine on its side." I like how he calls it, "the machine".
3a. I've managed to get the raspberries and rhubarb in the ground and the gardens fertilized before the rain begins. Now they can do their work together.
3b. After dumping the wheelbarrow, I take a few minutes to sit on the tree swing. Above me, a canopy of buds and below me, the valley rolling out into blue mountains.

2 comments:

  1. Will you get raspberries this year? I am crazy about raspberries but have had no luck growing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I answered this days ago and my comment is gone.
    Yes, the new plants will produce a handful of berries this first year. Already, our canes from last year are sprouting up new shoots so I expect a bigger crop from them. I'm crazy about raspberries too!

    ReplyDelete