Friday, February 26, 2010

In the Blink of an Eye

A dear, local, fellow blogger and her five children suddenly lost their husband and father last night. Hers was the first blog I read this morning as I checked on my favorites, leaving me in stunned disbelief. I have never met Ginger. I only know her through her day to day posts and her kind comments on my blog now and then. And yet, through type written words and a glowing 20-inch monitor, our lives became connected. I cannot imagine her pain and loss. I know she will be comforted by family and friends who are physically present in her life. But, added to that are the invisible ranks of fellow bloggers who will lift up silent prayers and form an additional circle of people who deeply care about Ginger and her family.

Suddenly my problems seem so small.

1 comment:

  1. Ginger is a wonderful woman and I am really saddened by her loss. I cannot imagine the pain she must be in.

    ReplyDelete