Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pasta Fagioli, Keep away, Staying fit

1. The day turns blustery with snowflakes flying like whirling dervishes. I make a pot of Pasta Fagioli (Pasta Fazool) to warm us. Once the pancetta has turned golden in the olive oil, carrots, celery, onions and garlic are added. The heavenly aroma promises delicious soup to come.
2. Audrey must keep two of the horses from stealing the other one's grain. So she stands guard and chases them away each time they advance. It becomes a game of chicken that she wins every time. I'm amazed that these animals, ten times her size, flinch and run when all she does is wave at them.
3. Driving through Troutville in the dark, we look for the old ladies exercising in one of the well-lit store fronts. We spotted them last time and they were so cute that we hope to spot them again.

1 comment:

  1. Your pasta sounds so good I am feeling hungry, which is not a good idea at ten past 11 when I should be in bed! thanks for your kind comment today. The jelly does look beautiful. I haven't brought myself to put it away yet because the sun will come through the window in the morning!

    ReplyDelete