Saturday, January 9, 2010

Good book, Good music, Good sweets

1. B. has recommended My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok. I finally have time to read again and it's a very interesting story.
2. Daughter #4 and I brave the frigid evening and attend a benefit performance of Robin & Linda Williams and Their Fine Group. Country bluegrass in not typically my "thing" but this was a fun, foot-tappin' performance and easy to enjoy. The couple are regular performers on A Prairie Home Companion, and appeared in the movie of that same name.
3. A non-thinking moment caused me to use twice as much butter for the pecan pies. I had intended to bake two for a donation, but was forced to quadruple to make four. A dozen eggs, 3 cups of corn syrup, a pound of butter, 4 cups of sugar, and 4 cups of pecans!! (Oh my gosh, these ingredients are the recipe for a heart attack.) So now we get to eat one ourselves and one goes in the freezer for next weekend. Something good out of a goof up.

1 comment: