Friday, January 8, 2010

Cold, Sharing my pain, Tortilla pie

1. Today is bitter cold. At the mailbox, I can smell the cold air and it smells like the winter air I remember from NY. I doubt that it blew from exactly that direction, but imagine it would be a wonder if I was really smelling NY air. During the awful "Dust Bowl" years of the 1930's, huge dust clouds would blow across the country all the way from Oklahoma to New York. So I suppose...?
BTW, if that subject interests anyone, I would recommend reading The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Egan.
2. They are rearranging the layout of the supermarket where I shop every week. Although this gave me huge displeasure, I found comfort in sharing my pain with other shoppers as they walked around equally confused and muttering bad things about the person in charge of this market massacre. I feel sure a marketing exec. is responsible.
3. A pretty tortilla pie for dinner. As delicious as it is attractive, layered with ground beef that is seasoned with cumin, red pepper flakes and tomato paste, baby spinach, corn and Monterey Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment