Friday, December 25, 2009

A Merry and Blessed Christmas!


1. I wake at 6:00 am and follow the sound of voices. All six "kids" are in daughter #4's room with their Christmas stockings. They are chatting away, eating chocolates and sitting on the floor amidst torn wrapping papers. When I walk in, they all look up at me with big grins on their faces.
2. We gather around the tree, coffee in hand to share gifts with one another. Old Gunner-the-Lab plops down right in the middle of the room where he allows wrapping paper to engulf him.
3. Phone calls and emails from friends and family all over the world. When my turn comes, I resist the urge to shout into the phone to make up for all the miles between us.
4. The afternoon becomes subdued with a steady rain. Naps are taken, as needed.

1 comment: