Saturday, April 18, 2009

Plants, A Drive, Jefferson Pools


1. I eagerly leave the house early and make my way to a church's local plant sale. They are selling perennials for $1 and $2 as a fundraiser. I pick up a Forsythia, Blue Flag Iris and Hosta.
2. Barbara takes me on a wonderful drive up through Highland county. The farmland is mountainous and beautiful. We snap photos along the way. A stop at a quaint country store finds all grades of maple syrup at good prices. I buy a quart of dark amber.
3. A much anticipated visit to the Jefferson Pools! We soak for an hour in the naturally warm, spring-fed pool. The pool's enclosure is wooden and old, voices are subdued. Tiny bubbles seep from the bottom and tickle our skin. The experience is both unusual and wonderful at the same time.If not for the foam "noodles" used for floating, we would be transported 150 years back in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment