Tuesday, August 1, 2017

The Way We Were Is the Way We Are


I am swing. He is jazz.
I'm sweet white. He's dry red.
I am loud. He is quiet.
I am Felix. He is Oscar.
I am motion. He is rest.
I'm New England. He's Miami.
I run. He walks.
I like mild. He likes hot.
He imbibes. I rarely do.
I am an early bird. He is a night owl.
I am words. He is numbers.
I am antique. He is modern.
I say, "Turn it off." He says, "Leave it on." 
He can remember. I can not.
Thirty-six years.
Not always easy, yet always perfection. 


 







5 comments:

  1. It's lovely that you found your soulmate. Happy anniversary, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, and so true! You are so poetic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet! Happy Anniversary a little late! I showed your poem to Daniel because I love how it expresses that even when we seem to have more not in common than in common, life together can still be "perfection."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary, Lee and Steve, and we share many of the same differences and then some. And, we will also be celebrating our anniversary later this month and it's half your number😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous couple. Love what your wrote here. Celebrate your anniversary all month all!

    ReplyDelete