Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Peace: In Simplified Terms

 
Morality: principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior. A particular system of values and principles of conduct, especially one held by a specified person or society. The extent to which an action is right or wrong.

     I set out to write about deserts and oases and I find instead that I am thinking about peace. The news and blogs are full of morality these days. I read it and I weep inside. Society has become numb to the fact that we kill our own offspring in utero, numb to the fact that we sometimes wait until the second trimester to do so in an unconscionable manner, and now we should numb ourselves to the fact that we use portions of the killed fetuses for research? I can't even write those words without a cry catching in my throat. Is the human race that depraved? Sadly, I know the answer is yes. And I am among them. 
     I didn't weigh in on last month's hot topic of legalized, homosexual marriage and I won't weigh in any further on abortion either because I am at perfect peace with where I stand on these issues (along with many other issues). I can walk this earth with a free spirit! Free of the need to argue with anyone about who is right or wrong, whether to kill fetuses or not, what defines marriage, etc., etc. The weight of trying to figure out morality does not sit on my shoulders. It sits on God's shoulders, who created this world and everything in it, and who gave us an instruction book to help us along our way. I am free. I am free not because I am without depravity, but because I fully acknowledge my depravity and point to Jesus and say, "I'm with Him". He has freed me. I trust the answers He has given me and my soul is at rest in this.
     Perfect peace and a free spirit are a wonderful gift. Embracing Christianity certainly does not mean that I am ignorant nor that I walk through life with blinders on. My eyes are fully open and despite what I see, I still love. There is no better peace than this.
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this - perfect peace, indeed. I never weigh in on these things on my blog or facebook either - I think you and I are kindred spirits like that.

    The news is killing me - with all the violence. So many people harmed - thinking of Sandra Bland in particular. I hinted at that in my post this morning - I am going out of my way to smile, hold doors open for everyone, just be extra kind if I can.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete