Saturday, September 27, 2014

An Early Autumn Landscape

1. Apple butter simmers overnight in the crockpot. When it has turned from golden to mahogany, I seal it into little jars and it's a treasure.
1a. I ran out of canning lids and Steve offered to drive out right way to get more.
2. It was a beautiful, early fall day in the garden. I pottered around, switching out the spent annuals with lively mums and pansies.
2a. Plants are still in bloom everywhere. The leaves are beginning to change color and it's interesting to see the two coexist.
3. I spoon warm applesauce over a scoop of French Vanilla ice cream. It tastes like apple pie รก la mode.

Lynn at Good Things Happened sent me this clay tray. I use it to hold fresh water for bees or any little creatures who might need a drink.



Otto Van Luyken Laurel is in full bloom. The blossoms have a very sweet scent and we saw a honeybee on them.





These sweet little Gardenias are also blooming. I have to get down on my hands and knees to smell them, but they're worth it. : )


Loverboy needs to go home. Anyone want to buy a stallion? He's not ours, but he is for sale.


The Forsythia puts out a few blooms with changing leaves.


1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize forsythia did that. And these photos are so beautiful and all of them made me smile. Especially #1! A perfect use for that tray.

    ReplyDelete