Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Woods, Bus Rider/ Car Rider, Love That Smell!

1. In the thick, dark woods a tree has fallen and its roots are turned up on their side. I think if I was still a child, it would make a most excellent fort.
1a. I also stopped to stare up at the huge and ancient oak tree. I wondered who else had passed under its branches in decades gone by. Exactly what has this oak tree seen?
2. One of the teachers called me, "The Queen of Transportation". I said I liked that and could I have it on a name plate please?
3. Here comes that wonderful smell from the laminating machine again. Every time I smell the warming plastic I imagine it's Christmas morning. It reeks of new toys.

1 comment:

  1. I do that with the trees behind my house - wonder at what they have seen. I also wonder what used to be on the property on which the condos are built. There are signs of that someone planted bushes and greenery like liriope.

    ReplyDelete