Friday, July 18, 2014

More Fun Than I Should Be Allowed

1. I was giddy with the thought of going out tonight. Really out...The kind of "out" like before we had children. At first I had a bad attitude because we were going to a burger joint. But, after my first sip of ginger beer and my first bite of Cowboy Burger, my attitude quickly straightened up. It was THE BEST burger and I was one very happy camper. Jack Brown's is a little hole-in-the-wall on the market square in downtown Roanoke. It was crowded and noisy at 7:30 on a Friday night, and we took three stools at the bar to eat, but it was all good.
1a. I drank Crabbie's Original Ginger Beer, in a glass with ice and a slice of lime. I like ginger a lot and this drink was pure, snappy ginger- sweet, cold, and very refreshing.
2. We parked and planned to walk a few blocks to each of our destinations. On the way from Jack Brown's to Martin's we passed Corned Beef and Company. Their sign said, "Cigars and Billiards" so we decided to stop in for both. We found out that the cigars are no more, but the billiard tables were aplenty, so the guys played three games.
3. Our final destination was Martin's to see a Steely Dan cover band called Green Earring. I was worried because they didn't play until 10:00, which is usually my bedtime. I thought perhaps I've become too grown up to stay out so late? I was gladly mistaken.  The band was solid, the energy high, and the music polished.  If you're local, go see them some time!
4. I decided that it was fun being young again and we need to do it way more often. Thanks, John!


2 comments:

  1. I love ginger beer too...refreshing on a hot summer's day~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun evening! I love going out on Friday night.

    ReplyDelete