Thursday, June 5, 2014

They're Nuts, In My Opinion..., Summer Nights

1. Those crazy honeysuckle vines make me laugh and smile. They grow on roadway signs like topiary; they cover entire banks and scramble up telephone wires. They have gone plumb crazy this year.
2. I'm sitting for a friend's two boys tonight, ages six and eight. It's mostly about me trying to extract conversation from them while they play video games. Apparently the eight-year-old felt comfortable enough to share with me that he thought the Family Life class at school was "disgusting". And that was all he had to say about that.
3. It's such a beautiful, cool, yet mild evening. I love life without jackets, gloves, boots and scarves right now.
3a. The fireflies are also amazing this year! Someone tossed sparkles across the fields and they rise and fall from the ground up to the sky, everywhere!

1 comment:

  1. I love this time of year, too - your post captures it completely.

    ReplyDelete